April 29, 2010

Hypnobabies - Week 5 and 6

So it's been awhile since I've posted. Lots has happened. Babies changed position 2 weeks ago to both being transverse. Then today at my appointment, Baby A is back to being breech and Baby B is head down. So we need 'A' to either move up away from my cervix, so 'B' can be out first...or For Baby A to flip and go head down too.

Last week, I had a pre-term labor scare. (A scare for me...not the Doctor.) I was having a few symptoms. Some spotting was the most concerning for me, but it was very small. The doctor brought me in after it didn't go away to do an exam. He could feel something hard on my cervix, but said my cervix still felt good (long.) So basically I was told to lie down when I felt the pelvic pressure I was having and to try to get horizontal a little more often to keep the pressure from compounding throughout the day. Sitting doesn't count. I have to be horizontal, since there is still vertical pressure when sitting. I have tried my best to get more "horizontal time." and it has seemed to help a lot.

At my appointment today, Dr. Brown said my cervix was still long, but it had softened some. He said to continue what I'm doing, and unless I was having anymore symptoms more than what I'm having now, I could come back in 2 weeks.

Week 5 of hypnobabies was about enjoying and being in charge of your birthing process. It discussed transformation being a welcoming part of birth, instead of fearing it. Other topics included mother-directed pushing, delayed cord clamping, and how to use your birthing ball.

The hypnosis part of week 5 reinforced my "peace" cue, and introduced a new cue. When I or someone says, "Release," I instantly go into hypnosis. I have really enjoyed this over using the finger drop. I like having the verbal cue along w/ the mental light-switch.

Week 5 also introduced a "Fear-Clearing" hypnosis session. I will be listening to that once a week from now until birthing. It will help me rid my fears. What are my fears? 1. Baby A not turning and needing a c-section. 2. Pre-term labor 3. Being induced. The thing I like about the fear-clearing is that it doesn't tell you your fears won't happen. It changes your frame of mind to understand what course the pregnancy/birth takes is right for me and my babies. So any fears you have go away.

Week 6 of hypnobabies was all about the maintenance program...what to do from now until birthing day.

Here is a link to a woman using hypnobabies for her birthing. You can see her using her peace cue toward the end.