February 9, 2010

Hypnobabies has arrived!

I haven't even started the course, and I already love it.  I have been listening to my twin hypnosis track and twin affirmations track.  It is so wonderful.  It makes you completely relaxed and the positive messages are very powerful.  It has already helped w/ some Braxton Hicks pressure.

"So what is hypnobabies?" everyone asks me!  It's a method of using hypnosis to have a comfortable birth experience.  It's a whole new philosophy.

Old Negative Term    New Positive Term
contraction                 Pressure wave or birthing wave
labor                          Birthing time
pain                            Pressure or discomfort
due date                     Guess date
transition                    Transformation

Here is a video that discusses intervention in childbirth and toward the end it discusses hypnosis.

Also, here is a youtube video of it in action.

Here and Here  are explanations of hypnobabies. 

So from here on out I am going to do my best to keep myself away from negative thoughts.  I will not allow strangers to tell me their horror stories.  I will not watch any TV that involves birthing (Baby Story type shows or even sitcoms that have childbirth in it!)  I will not even watch natural childbirth videos as they often show women in a lot of discomfort, and that can promote fear.

I have a friend who used hypnobabies.  This past summer she was able to deliver a 10 lb baby while being induced w/ pitocin.  (Pitocin causes your pressure waves to be stronger than normal.) She was 100% monitored, so did not have free mobility.  She said she did not "want" medication for the discomfort.  She said she couldn't have done it without hypnobabies!  

I am shutting off comments on my blog, as I don't want anonymous strangers putting negative thoughts in my mind or even joking about this.  So that is the skinny on this class my husband and I are taking.  It is not only about hypnosis.  It is a full course on childbirth and having a healthy positive pregnancy and birth!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment